- Partnering with REI for “Invent Your Adventure” photo contest at seven state parks during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
- Working with Save the Redwoods League and the California State Parks Foundation to get even more people to explore the outdoors on Green Friday.
California State Parks, REI, Save the Redwoods League and the California State Parks Foundation are transforming how you can celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Two exciting programs encouraging people to spend time in the outdoors will be carried out next week – Invent Your Adventure and Green Friday.
Through these programs we are increasing the number of people enjoying the outdoors, which also will increase the number of potential stewards of state parks. Below you will find information on Invent Your Adventure and Green Friday. We hope you can enjoy the upcoming holidays in one of California’s beautiful state parks!
California State Parks and Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI) invite the public to “Invent Your Adventure” over the Thanksgiving holiday by participating in a photo contest. The contest will take place exclusively on the Instagram accounts of California State Parks and/or the seven participating state parks. REI is directly awarding one $100 gift card per participating park to random participants who complete all steps of the photo contest.
Here’s how the “Invent Your Adventure” photo contest works:
Starting Friday, November 25, an “Invent Your Adventure” flag will be hidden in each of seven selected state parks:
- Bolsa Chica State Beach, County of Orange
- Cardiff State Beach, County of San Diego
- Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park, Tulare County
- Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, County of Santa Cruz
- Indian Grinding Rock State Historic Park, Amador County
- Lake Oroville State Recreation Area, Butte County
- Mount Tamalpais State Park, Marin County
Follow the clues on the Instagram accounts of California State Parks and/or participating state parks and –
- Find your nearest participating park
- Find the flag in the park’s mystery location
- Take a selfie with the flag in the mystery location
- Post to Instagram, tag @CAStateParks, using your #InventYourAdventure and #OptOutside hashtags.
Full details, including contest rules and regulations, can be found online at www.parks.ca.gov/InventYourAdventure.
Save the Redwoods League, California State Parks and the California State Parks Foundation have collaborated to create #GreenFriday, a new Thanksgiving tradition that promotes the enjoyment and appreciation of California’s magnificent state parks.
All of the exciting details on this year’s program will be revealed tomorrow at noon. Please visit www.GreenFriday.org for more information or visit us on social media at:
- Stay abreast of the Transformation Team’s progress on their website.
- The Transformation Team is interested to know your ideas, thoughts and comments. Let us know what you think.
- Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook and stay updated on #TransformationTuesdays!