- Developing Interactive 3D Experiences at Bodie State Historic Park
- Visitors will delve into the stories behind the features and objects as they virtually explore the historic park
- View Video
Another exciting project to welcome you to Transformation Tuesday! The Transformation Natural & Cultural Committee is breaking new ground with an exciting project – Creating Interactive 3D Visitor Experiences: A Pilot Project Integrating History, Interpretation and 3D Documentation at Bodie State Historic Park.
Under a new memorandum of understanding/interagency agreement with University of California Merced’s World Heritage Program, the California Department of Parks and Recreation is collaborating on the development of interactive digital material for important cultural sites enabled by 3D documentation. This project uses cutting-edge digital survey, including LIDAR scanning/photogrammetry methodology, to develop augmented reality experiences and interactive online materials with rich narrative histories of the site and its people. Visitors will delve into the stories behind the features and objects as they virtually explore the site.
We invite you to take the time to view a video and learn more about this exciting project – View Video.
Work continues through the summer. A video presentation is scheduled for December 2016 at UC Merced. The digital material will be used to create a prototype mobile application which is expected to be complete by summer of 2017.
Learn more about Bodie State Historic Park at www.parks.ca.gov/bodie.
- Learn about the Organizational Structure Opportunities Project at www.parks.ca.gov/ShapingOurFuture.
- Stay abreast of the Transformation Team’s progress on their website.
- The Transformation Team is interested to know your ideas, thoughts and comments. Let us know what you think.
- Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook and stay updated on #TransformationTuesdays!